Tasty Avacado on Toast
Here’s a simple recipe when one is looking for a quick snack with a healthy bread topping. Nutritionally it’s a great snack to have regularly for lunch. The avocado is rich in healthy proteins, magnesium and vitamins C and B-6, while the sourdough bread provides lots of complex carbohydrates. This great combination will last you all afternoon.
- 2 slices Sourdough bread.
- 1 tbls Pesto Genovese.
- 1 Ripe avocado. (Sliced.)
- If you prefer toast the bread lightly.
- Spread the pesto on the bread.
- Layer the avocado slices on the bread.
- If you want to be really fancy, use our homemade Tomato Tapenade instead of the pesto.