Marshmallow root (Althaea Officinalis) is a perennial herb that’s native to Europe, Western Asia, and Northern Africa. It’s been used as a folk remedy for thousands of years to treat digestive, respiratory, and skin conditions. Its healing powers are due in part to the mucilage it contains.
marshmallow root can be used for many different purposes such as
– It may help treat coughs and colds
– It may help relieve skin irritation
– It may help with wound healing
– It may promote overall skin health
– It may act as a pain reliever
– It may work as a diuretic
– It may aid in digestion
– It may help repair the gut lining
– t may act as an antioxidant
– It may support heart health
Although marshmallow root is generally considered safe to use, you should still talk with your doctor before taking it. The herb isn’t meant to replace any doctor-approved treatment plan.
An important note about Allergens
While we do everything we can to avoid cross contamination, all Eat Wholefood branded products are packed and stored in an area which has the following allergens: sesame, soya, nuts, peanuts, wheat, celery seeds and mustard. So, unfortunately we cannot guarantee that Eat Wholefood branded products contain none of these allergens.